November 8, 2009

What to do if I forgot to backup my files?

Actually, backing up important data is a must. But sometimes people ignore this rule and get into trouble in case of computer crash, or when some malware deleted files or even formatted the disk.

Using data recovery software can help to solve such problem. Usually, data recovery program scans the entire hard disk drive surface and rebuilds all the system data: from partitions and logical drives, to files and folder structure.

However, the disk recovery software can help only if the disk drive still can work and is not damaged physically. In all other cases nobody can guarantee successful recovering of your data.

So, the only really reliable method to keep your important data safe is to make backup copies of it periodically. Don't forget to do this!

2 comments:

records management said...

I totally agree, it's good to invest in a good disaster recovery plan, but nothing should replace the good old backup copies. My systems are actually scheduled to back themselves up once in every few hours (4 maybe?), and that way I know I'm covered.

Unknown said...

Hi there, nice post and a good source of information. It really shows that you're an expert in this field. I'm looking for some tips on how to do a full site backup wordpress in this site. Thanks for sharing. Keep it up!